College application essays make high school seniors very anxious and it is pretty understandable. It may seem daunting at first but if you know what to write and how to write it, a college application essay is a fun write. Another great thing about a college application essay is that you can present yourself as an individual not just another applicant. In this guide, we will share with you the admission essay topics that can surely help you write a masterpiece. Never will you have anxiety over your college admission essay after reading this guide.
Tip No. 1: Be concise.
You need to describe yourself and your achievements in just a few hundred of words.
- You are not writing a term paper.
- You need to choose your words wisely.
- Keep in mind that application officers read a lot of application essays and they may spend a minute or two in reading yours.
- Make sure that every word counts because a long essay may be set aside.
- A great way to minimize the wordiness of your application essay is to write a draft first then remove the unnecessary and redundant words or statements.
Tip No. 2: Be honest.
- Never ever use fabricated information.
- This is one of the most important admission essay tips.
- You need to be honest and avoid exaggerating.
- Do not be pretentious and write about ideas and situations that you do not know anything about.
- Remember that what you include in your essay may come up in the following interview.
- It will not look good if you can’t answer questions that are related to your essay.
Tip No. 3: Be interesting.
Remember that your aim in writing a college application essay is to get noticed and be considered for an interview.
- You have just a limited window of opportunity to make your essay interesting.
- One of the important admission essay tips is to be creative.
- You can use an anecdote or a short story that can attract attention and at the same time relevant to your application.
Tip No. 4: Be focused.
Your college application essay should be coherent. Before you write, think of a theme and stay on it while writing.
- Admission essay tips articles will tell you that you also need to organize and structure your essay in a way that it has an introduction, a content and a closing part.
- Keep in mind that these three parts of your application essay must be linked to each other.
- To look even more organized, make sure that you closing or ending paragraph summarizes everything.
Tip No. 5: Be an individual.
Most of colleges and universities tend to give admission essay prompts.
- Essay prompts are statements that will provide you topics upon which you can write your college application essay.
- Keep in mind that these prompts serve as guidelines only.
- You still need to present yourself.
- Instead of writing about the subject of the prompt, try to relate the subject to you and how does it affect you as a person. By doing so, you will a create a picture of yourself and the qualities that you have.
FREE Callback Request
What a powerful personal statement!
It really does look great to me!Your admission essays service
is a WONDER!